Hi again,

Just following up on this thread to see if there's anything we can
do from our side to help you all with the migration, or any concerns
or questions I can answer.

I have noticed that some people are still using MSVC 6 to compile
Tuscany. I'm curious whether there are any plans to upgrade to a
more recent and more conforming compiler. Stdcxx is being tested
with 7.1, and 8.0 (i86, IA64, and EM64T) but the 6.0 port would
likely need some work.

Regards
Martin

Pete Robbins wrote:
Hi Martin.

Using stdcxx is certainly on our list of things to investigate. There are 2
ways in which we can use a C++ standard library:
1) Internally withing our own implementation code
2) Exposed on user APIs

We currently use stl within our implementation and the use of stl classes on
our interfaces is currently under discussion in the SCA C++ Specification
group.

Ed Slattery took a look at using stdcxx but I have to admit I have had
little time to follw this up.
I need to take a look at your project and see what the benefits are. I will
set aside some time tomorrow to do this.

Thanks for your interest.