Hi,

Do we plan to move the ImplementationProcessor framework to the SPI module? When I'm working on the databindings, it comes out some requirements for extensibility on annotion processing as well.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ignacio Silva-Lepe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tuscany Dev" <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 12:35 PM
Subject: Adding an implementation processor

In the process of adding support for callbacks, I am adding a CallbackProcessor to pick up a callback name and member when visiting a field or a method. I added a call to register the CallbackProcessor from DefaultBoostrappers's createIntrospector, and I added the following entry to META-INF/tuscany/implementation.scdl:

<component name="implementation.Callback">
<system:implementation.system class="org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.processor.CallbackProcessor"/>
</component>

However, when testing, I see that the CallbackProcessor only seems to be called for "system" methods but not for "application" methods. For instance, I see that RefererenceProcessor gets called for setMyService but CallbackProcessor does not, whereas both processors get called for setMonitor. One thing that I am not sure about is what to do with the component name "implementation.Callback" in implementation.scdl, if that has any bearing at all.

Any ideas as to what I may be missing to get CallbackProcessor to be called for methods like setMyService?

Thanks