On Aug 15, 2006, at 6:26 PM, Jim Marino wrote:
Do you think it is better to key things off the "definition" class or just run through all of the extension builders and have them decide if they want to process something or not (or the registry could automate the decision). Doing this would allow for multiple builders to decorate a runtime component.

I think Raymond's suggestion is fine - one builder for each model object type. That builder can delegate to others to handle the duplicate (like Service/Reference builders would delegate to each implementation). This allows the builder to coordinate the actions of the secondary ones through some primary-secondary contract.

I see the biggest user of that function being the composite builder that would coordinate the builders for the things its composite contains.

--
Jeremy