Regarding the replacement script, here is a Ruby script we might try next time we have to go through a similar exercise:

   # Scans files - with a given extension - recursively from the current
   # directory replacing the old copyright/license header statement with a
   # new version
def munge_file(fn, oh, nh)
       puts "processing <#{fn}>"
       eoh = Regexp.escape(oh)
       new_contents = File.read(fn).gsub(Regexp.new(eoh), nh)
       File.open(fn, 'w') do |file|
         file.puts(new_contents)
end end

   if(!ARGV[0])
      STDERR.puts "usage: <file extension> <old header file> <new
   header file>"
      exit 0
   end

   ext = ARGV[0]
   old_header = File.read(ARGV[1])
   new_header = File.read(ARGV[2])
   Dir["**/*.#{ext}"].each do |filename|
     munge_file( filename, old_header, new_header)
   end

This is run from the command line like this:

>ruby  replaceheaders.rb oldheader.txt  newheader.txt

Luciano Resende wrote:

Hi Jeremy

I have done necessary updates on das and sample/das files and provided a patch to http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-620. I'm having some issues around running the perl script to update the xml resources and will
try to finish those tomorrow....

- Luciano

On 7/19/06, Jeremy Boynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jul 19, 2006, at 11:50 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Is this is good time to do this to the trunk (thinking that most
> people will not have any work that will conflict)?
>
> I'll see if the tools work and if there are no issues think about
> doing this later this week.

We had a problem with some of the files not having license headers in
them :-(
so I modified Roy's script to be a little more aggressive and replace
everything before the "package" statement with the new header.

I ran these on a few files and they seemed to do the right thing but
additional review would be appreciated.

--
Jeremy