Robbie,

 The ChangeSummary should not be exposed as a Property, but rather
through the DataObject.getChangeSummary() method.

 I think what you're describing is not so much a DAS, but rather a
serialization to a database -- the difference being that a DAS uses
the SDO metadata (such as the ChangeSummary) to propagate changes to a
backend, whereas a serialization would attempt to maintain all of the
meta-information along with the DataGraph. In practice, a DAS would
not need to store ChangeSummary information in the database, because
the ChangeSummary would already have been used to update the database
copy.

Brent