On Aug 21, 2006, at 4:21 PM, Raymond Feng wrote:

Hi,

I think the SPI models for SCDL service/reference/binding are now becoming out of sync with the SCA spec. The introduction of BindlessServiceDefinition (I view it as a service with NullBinding) also worries me.

We discussed this with Ignacio and part of the issue depends on how you look at it: a composite service viewed from the outside is part of the component type for the composite impl. Ignacio, do you want to elaborate?

Here's the SCDL syntax extracted from the SCA spec 0.96 draft.

<service name="xs:NCName" multiplicity="0..1 or 1..1 or 0..n or 1..n"?>*
   <interface/>
   <binding uri="xs:anyURI"?/>*
   <reference>wire-target-URI</reference>+
</service>

<reference name="xs:NCName" override="sca:OverrideOptions"? multiplicity="0..1 or 1..1 or 0..n or 1..n"?>*
   <interface/>
   <binding uri="xs:anyURI"?/>*
</reference>

I plan to some changes to the models to reflect the spec as attached below. With the updated model, the BindingBuilder could simply deal with the binding contained by either the ServiceDefinition or ReferenceDefinition.

What do you guys think?

Raymond, can you summarize the changes you are proposing?