I'm sure the cpp tree could also benefit from this treatment. I will own up
to having Rev, Date in my subversions properties... as that is what Jeremy
told me to do (he's not around so I can blame him ;-) )

Is there a definitive list of property settings to use? This is the list
Jeremy gave me at the beginning of the year:

One way to set these automatically is to configure them in SVN's default
configuration file located at:
Unix: ~/.subversion/config
Windows: %APPDATA%\Subversion\config

Uncomment the line that says:
enable-auto-props = yes

and add the following lines to the bottom:
[auto-props]
*.c = svn:eol-style=native
*.cpp = svn:eol-style=native
*.h = svn:eol-style=native
*.dsp = svn:eol-style=CRLF
*.dsw = svn:eol-style=CRLF
*.sh = svn:eol-style=native;svn:executable
*.txt = svn:eol-style=native
*.png = svn:mime-type=image/png
*.jpg = svn:mime-type=image/jpeg
Makefile = svn:eol-style=native

*.java = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Rev,Date
*.xml = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Rev,Date
*.xsd = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Rev,Date
*.html = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Rev,Date
*.properties = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Rev,Date
*.jelly = svn:eol-style=native;svn:keywords=Rev,Date
*.ipr = svn:eol-style=native
*.iml = svn:eol-style=native
<<<

Clearly the Rev,Date should have been Rev Date. Anything else missing?

Cheers,