Ok, so the good news is that I got the binding and the sample working
when modifying the webapp.system.scdl in webapp-host.jar.

I decided it would be cleaner though to create my own copy of
webapp.system.scdl (and call it jsonrpc.system.scdl) to put in my
hello world webapp.  I tried this and modified the web.xml to have

<context-param>
    <param-name>systemScdlPath</param-name>
    <param-value>/META-INF/sca/jsonrpc.system.scdl</param-value>
</context-param>

However, this gives me a "Null system SCDL URL" Exception thrown.  I
looked at ServletLauncherListener.java and it looks like the
systemScdlPath URL is being loaded with a different classloader than
the applicationScdlPath which may be leading to the exception.

Guess I'll just stick with hacking into webapp-host.jar for now,
unless there is something I'm missing?

-Bert

On 8/24/06, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/24/06, Bert Lamb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip/>

So just to clarify, until the extension mechanism is finalized I need
> be modifying scdl files in the webapp-host.jar to get my binding
> picked up?

Thats right, or alternatively use your own version of the webapp.system.scdl
file in your web app.