Hi,

I think it should be choice of the application to decide which databinding will be used for the client. SDO and JAXB can be two options. Can you clarify the term "Java domain objects"? Do you mean a bunch of java interfaces/classes generated by some Java/XML binding frameworks such as SDO, JAXB and XMLBeans?

FYI: We're working on a pluggable databinding framework for Tuscany so that data can be transformed across databindings on the wire. For example, if you use SDO on the client to invoke a reference with Axis2 web service binding, the SDO will be transformed to AXIOM which is the databinding supported by Axis2.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Wall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 2:05 PM
Subject: How to invoke a web service with complex types? Java object / SDO conversion?

What are the steps to invoke a web service that requests a complex type?

My client uses Java domain objects that represent web service complex types throughout the application. Does the client need to generate SDO types from
the WSDL, and then convert local objects to their SDO representation prior
to web service invocation?

What is the function of ImportSDOLoader (<import.sdo.../>)?  Does it
register schema types from a WSDL with SDO?  How are the types used later?

Thanks.

-Chris