In case its not completely clear from Jeremy and Jim's emails what to do:
you could define a client interface for the registry, write an
implementation of that and define that impl class name in some scdl. We can
then include the scdl in the runtime and things could use autowire to get
hold of the registry instance. As and example of this you can look at our
ServletHost, ServletHostImpl, how thats defined in the web app scdl, and
then how thats used by the Axis2 binding:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/spi/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/spi/host/ServletHost.java
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/runtime/webapp-host/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/runtime/webapp/ServletHostImpl.java
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/runtime/webapp-host/src/main/resources/META-INF/sca/webapp.system.scdl
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/bindings/binding.axis2/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/binding/axis2/Axis2BindingBuilder.java

  ...ant

On 8/30/06, Jim Marino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Aug 30, 2006, at 10:49 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> As part of Tuscany there should not be any mechanism in a API for
> "service location" - that is the responsibility of the IoC container.

+1 (which nicely avoids external dependencies on some locator
implementation and evil Singletons)