On 9/6/06, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all,

I just checked in the beginning of a Ruby extension under

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/cpp/sca/runtime/extensions/ruby/
.

It is not complete but it allows you to declare an SCA component
implemented by a Ruby class with for example:
<component>
  <implementation.ruby script="DivideImpl.rb" class="DivideImpl"/>
</component>

Support for references, properties and scopes is not there yet but the
basic mechanism for invoking a component implemented in Ruby is there.

A version of the Calculator sample implementing the Divide component  in
Ruby is available there:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/cpp/sca/samples/RubyCalculator/
.

I have tested this on Linux, and can help test on Windows as well as
soon as we get a good build of SDO and the SCA runtime with Visual
Studio Express 2005.