You lost me.

On Sep 6, 2006, at 10:50 AM, Yang ZHONG wrote:

Maybe we can broaden "relative path" semantics therefore it may not
necessarily be mandatory any longer to introduce "scdlResource".

e.g. the ClassPath is dir1, dir2, jar1, jar2.
Even if a resolved relative path is dir1/com/example/included.scdl,
we can also search for dir2/com/example/included.scdl and
jar2!/com/example/included.scdl.
Similarly evev if a resolved relative path is jar2!/org/tuscant/ system.scdl,
we can search for jar1!/org/tuscant/system.scdl and
dir2/org/tuscant/system.scdl

If the classpath is [dir1, dir2, jar1, jar2], ClassLoader.getResource () would look in all of those anyway.

The difference between scdLocation and scdlResource is between resolving on the classpath vs. resolving relative to the current scdl (which may not be on the classpath at all). What are you proposing to avoid that?
--
Jeremy