I tried both, they were both easy to run and seemed to generate similar results.

To run clover:
# add <jdk>1.5 to the plugin config in the pom
$ mvn clover:instrument clover:clover

To run cobertura:
$ mvn cobertura:cobertura

Both seem to integrate well with Maven but Clover also integrates with IDEA and Eclipse so I'm tempted to go with that - any objections?
--
Jeremy