----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeremy Boynes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:47 AM
Subject: Re: Update on the databinding integration and open issues for discussion

On Sep 7, 2006, at 11:26 AM, Raymond Feng wrote:
I propose that we change the Operation model as follows:

Operation
   --- name (Name of the operation)
--- inputType (For java, it's a DataType representing the Object []. For WSDL, it could be a DataType representing the top-level request element using Axiom or other databindings) --- outputType (For java, it's a DataType representing the returnType. For WSDL, it could be a DataType representing the top- level response element using Axiom or other databindings) --- faultTypes (A list of DataTypes representing the faults/ exceptions)

OK

DataType
   --- databinding
   --- phsicalType
   --- logicalType
--- properties (A list of DataProperty(s) for the DataType to represent the visible children)

Why properties? For example, a Java argument list does not have named parameters (in the source yes but not in the public contract).
Can we just use:
  physicaltype: Object[].class
  logicalType: Class[]{Customer.class, String.class}

It works for java.

and
  physicalType: OMElement.class
  logicalType: QName{http://example.com, order}

When we try to populate the OMElement for "order" with Customer and String, we have to create child OMElements under "order" and the child elements requires QNames. Where can we get the corresponding child element QNames? Axiom doesn't provide access to the XSD model and we cannot look them up by the order QName.

And for WSDL, do we only support single-part messages? If not, the inputType for WSDL could be Object[] as well.

DataProperty
   --- name (QName of the property)
   --- type (DataType for the property)

QName only makes sense for XML - what would that be in the Java case?

I was thinking of either dummy names such as {java:interfaceName#methodName, argX} or null.

For the DataType/DataProperty recursion, we don't have to go too deep. For example, we may only require a list of properties for the DataType for the inputType.

There's something fishy here if the properties only apply in certain use cases.

I agree it's not ideal but it seems to be the gap among IDLs.

--
Jeremy