On 9/12/06, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Simon Laws wrote:
> On 9/8/06, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> C++

>> extension
>> > and

As
>> > would

>> present

>> type
>> DivideServiceImpl.php.componentTypewas

>> > only

>> > will
>> the
>> run.

>> > Simon,
>> >
>> > I adjusted our Linux build to integrate your PHP extension, it
>> builds OK
>> > for me on Linux using a php-devel-5.0.4-10.5.rpm after a few
>> changes to
>> > Makefile.am (I also made a minor change to remove the dependency on
>> > CPPInterface like we did in the other extensions).
>> >
>> > The build requires the following environment variables:
>> > PHP_INCLUDE=/usr/include/php
>> > PHP_LIB=/usr/lib/httpd/modules
>> >
>> > Which version of PHP did you use on Windows? I tried PHP 5.1.6-2first
>> > but I'm guessing that you used an older PHP level on Windows since
>> your
>> > code uses php_embed.h, which does not seem to exist anymore on
>> 5.1.6.2.
>> >
>> > I'm OK to stay on that older level if it's simpler for you on Windows
>> > for now, or help build and test on a newer level. Let me know...
>> Thanks.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Jean-Sebastien

>> > Hi Sebastien
>>
>> Thanks for doing the linux build and for fixing up the dependency on
the
>> C++ extension. I really need to make a README describing how to build
>> it.
>> The detail is a little opaque as I haven't made a patch for the windows
>> build files yet. I'm having a little difficulty in getting the right
>> version
>> of the Microsoft Developer Tools. Anyhow...
>>
>> I'm using PHP5.1.4 on Windows but 5.1.6 should be OK. On windows you
>> will
>> have to get the source to get the headers but php5embed.lib is
provided.
>> Strange huh.
>>
>> To run the calculator sample you need to do a couple of things
>> 1/ make sure that the directory holding php5embed.lib is on the path,
>> for
>> example, create a version of runclient.bat with
>>    set PHP_HOME= where ever PHP is installed
>>    set

PATH=%PHP_HOME%;%TUSCANY_SCACPP%\bin;%TUSCANY_SCACPP%\extensions\cpp\bin;%TUSCANY_SDOCPP%\bin;%AXIS2C_HOME%\lib;%PATH%

>>    Client.exe %*
>>
>> 2/ make sure that php.ini includes a reference to the directory which
>> holds the .php file you are going to run as a component, for example,
my
>> php.ini is in the same directory as the php.exe and at the end of the
>> file
>> I have

include_path=".;C:\simon\Projects\Eclipse3.2\cpp\sca\samples\Calculator\deploy\packages\CalculatorComposite"

>> you can use php -i to find where php is looking for you php.ini
>> files. 4th
>> or 5th line down should tell you.
>>
>> Apologies again for not yet providing a README that describes all this.
>> I'll get to it shortly. Let me know if this doesn't help.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Simon
>>

>> I should add to the wording of step "1/ make sure that the directory
> holding php5embed.lib is on the path" a little more detail, i.e.
> "because
> this is the place that you will also find php5ts.dll wich is the shared
> library that php5embed.lib provides a front end to and which actually
> implements the PHP engine"

Simon,

I am trying to load the PHP extension shared library on Linux and
getting the following error:
Unable to load library:

/home/delfinoj/Tuscany/apache-deploy/cpp/sca/extensions/php/lib/libtuscany_sca_php.so:
/usr/lib/httpd/modules/libphp5.so: undefined symbol: ap_loaded_modules

Does that ring a bell? I linked libtuscany_sca_php.so with libphp5.so,
am I missing a library?