Hi,

1) A model for WSDL portType/operation and related XSD metadata to represent unwrapped and wrapped WSDL operations

2) Input2InputTransformer and Out2OutTransformer to handle message payload conversions accross IDL/databindings.

3) A databinding provider such AXIOM, DOM, JAXB orSDO can implement the WrapperHandler to plug in the wrapping/unwrapping support for the given databinding.

4) The echo-databinding sample has been updated to integrate the above features and demonstrate the following interactions.

a) ComponentA/Interface1 (String) --> ComponentB/Interface2 (DOM) (A databinding interceptor transforms String to DOM and vice versa) b) ComponentB.reference with Echo java interface (DOM) --> Composite Echo Reference (with wrapped WSDL and AXIOM databinding) (A databinding interceptor transform DOM to wrapped AXIOM).

I started to look into the integration with Axis2 today. I ran into the following issue now.

For a composite reference HelloWorldService,

<reference name="HelloWorldService">
   <interface.java interface="helloworld.HelloWorldService"/>
<binding.ws endpoint="http://helloworld#wsdl.endpoint(HelloWorldService/HelloWorldSoapPort)" location="wsdl/helloworld.wsdl" />
</reference>

It's modeled as a java interface for the inbound wire (for example, a component reference wired to this composite reference). But the target invoker expects the WSDL interface from the binding.ws endpoint. To make this happen with databinding transformation, I assume the BindingBuilder has to create an outbound wire (to the Axis2 binding with the target contract as the WSDL derived from the binding.ws). The TargetInvoker will be added to the end of the outbound wire. Then the databinding interceptor will kick in for the outbound wire to transform the JavaServiceContract to the WSDLServiceContract so that the OMElement can be directly consumed by the Axis2 TargetInvoker.

As a summary, the sequence will be:

a) component.reference (inteface 1) --> composite.reference (Java interface 2) // It's happending now b) composite.reference (Java interface 2) --> axis2 binding (WSDL portType) // Yet to happen

Am I on the right track? Your comments will be appreciated.