On Sep 15, 2006, at 12:21 PM, Rick wrote:

I thought the general direction by "default" was to really have no dependencies/extensions packaged.

+1

That the runtime (possibly by identifying in the application scdl the extensions) then using the dependency information in the SCDL would resolve and load all artifacts directly from the maven repo (having maven download them prior if necessary). I assumed an option would be to have downloaded and loaded to some other location (possibly within the webapp) if desired.

+1

The question I have is do we see the war plugin is a way of prepackaging all, or just another option?

That would be a good thing for it to do and I think Meeraj was looking at that. The default would be to not add them with an option to turn that on.

The runtime could look in the war first, and if it didn't find it look in the repo.
--
Jeremy