On 18 Sep 2006, at 21:19, Hamdi, Louenas wrote:

Hello,
My name is louenas Hamdi and I work for SAP Research. My interest is
mainly in the mobile platforms. while I was reading the Tuscany white
paper I thought that this could be good for Mobile clients as well.
Do you think that Tuscany specification could suite the mobile
environment for building small services running on a cell-phone or a
PDA? right now the best platform I know for doing that is OSGi but it is
still very Java oriented.

Hi Louenas,
For local-hosted services then I think that there is certainly
a potential, especially with the OSGi effort going on. As Jeremy
adds, though, there is an issue with Java5 annotations.

For services that are to be access remotely, i.e. the phone-to-phone
peer networking kind of thing that Nokia is currently pushing, then
we will need to look at providing a transport ('binding' in SCA terms)
that has built-in support for occasional connection - so, durable
storage, reliability etc etc.

For *clients* to tuscany runtimes then of course there is lots
of scope pretty much immediately - one doesn't even need to have
java 5 annotations depending on the binding that you choose :)

 regards
   Oisin