If no-one else wants to do it, I'm happy to volunteer as Release
Manager for this one.

Cheers
Andy

On 9/25/06, Pete Robbins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Re tests... yes we should have a simple to run test suite ... scatest! The
existing scatest is justa  MyValue sample with some extras thrown in. We
need more "unit test"s. Having said that I don't think this is essential for
a release. If our samples are documented and work then that is good enough
for me. We DO need the UTs for our development tho...

Cheers,

On 25/09/06, Andrew Borley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A few things:
>
> - Python extension - could re-jig the core to allow Python components
> to not require a .componentType side file. Not necessary, but nice to
> have.
> - PHP extension - if we want to include this we need to add reference
> & property support to components and a client API (a locateService
> method)
> - Samples
> - do we include BigBank? SupplyChain?
> - Tests
> - Do we want an equivalent of the sdotest app for SCA?
>
> Andy
>

> On 9/25/06, Pete Robbins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > There have been significant changes since our last C++ release so I
> think we
> > should plan for an M2 release in the next couple of weeks. We have
> updated
> > to the latest assembly model, built a basic extension mechanism and now
> have
> > extensions for Ruby, Python, PHP. Functionally this seems like good
> content
> > for a new milestone but there will still be significant work items to
> > complete before we can cut a release.
> >
> > Let's use this thread to note the items to be completed and get
> volunteers
> > to do the work. So for starters:
> >

> >    - Persuade someone to volunteer as Release Manager
> >    - Update Licence text in source files to the new Apache wording
> (Pete)
> >    - Update release build scripts for linux and windows
> >    - Documentation
> >       - Developer build instructions
> >       - New language extensions
> >       - Release notes
> >    - Samples
> >       - new samples for Ruby/Python??
> >
> > Let's discuss the work items here and create a wiki page with a
> checklist.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > --
> > Pete