On Sep 26, 2006, at 7:12 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:

  Maybe we could also do a AMQP binding too for portability :-)

Will do, however I think it makes sense to work out some of the details with JMS in the next few days, before we add AMQP
binding so that we can learn for it.
Yea that makes sense.
There's no guarantee that there is Java on the far end - JMS is just the API at this end of the messaging infrastructure.

yip - However I would prefer to use XML in the first cut so that we can re-use it for AMQP binding - might be alternate motive but java serialization can always be added.
ditto on this too.

We really need to be able to serialize to any message form: XML, Java serialization, various flavours of byte stream, user-defined mechanisms. Hopefully by hooking this to the databinding framework we can cover all these options.
Yes, this a fully agree with...

--
Jeremy