To: <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:37 PM
Subject: Re: Why do we need binding.sca?

On Sep 26, 2006, at 12:01 PM, scabooz wrote:

Jeremy,

We need to bring these threads back together. Mike's comments further reinforce the concepts.

Agreed. If I can summarize:
* the current need for <binding.sca> is to support rare cases of overrides
* most assemblies will not need it at all
* _default_ is a bad term for a binding, but better than other options so far :-)
* we have spec issues pertaining to promotion (specifically issue 44)
* we need to examine federated configurations, especially multi- vendor ones

Did I miss anything?
--
Jeremy