No objections here. I always wanted ModelLoader to find all artifacts under
root ;-)

Cheers,

On 02/10/06, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to simplify a little the deployment folder structure of our
samples. The folder structure created by our build under deploy/ is
currently different from the source development structure and I think
it'll be simpler if in general we can just use the same structure for
both, as this will allow people to run their code in place without
having to move things around and will improve the code/build/run user
experience.

Here's what we have now:

Source development tree:
.
./sample.calculator.solution
./sample.calculator.solution/sample.calculator.solution.composite
./README
./sample.calculator.wsclient
./sample.calculator.wsclient/axis2_Calculator_stub.cpp
./sample.calculator.wsclient/CalculatorWSClient.cpp
./sample.calculator.wsclient/axis2_Calculator_stub.h
./sample.calculator.wsclient/runwsclient.sh
./sample.calculator.wsclient/runwsclient.bat
./sample.calculator.wsclient/Makefile.am
./sample.calculator
./sample.calculator/Calculator.wsdl
./sample.calculator/CalculatorImpl.h
./sample.calculator/Calculator.h
./sample.calculator/DivideImpl.h
./sample.calculator/runwsserver.bat
./sample.calculator/runwsserver.sh
./sample.calculator/sample.calculator.composite
./sample.calculator/CalculatorImpl.componentType
./sample.calculator/DivideImpl.componentType
./sample.calculator/DivideImpl.cpp
./sample.calculator/Divide.h
./sample.calculator/Makefile.am
./sample.calculator/CalculatorImpl.cpp
./Makefile.am
./sample.calculator.client
./sample.calculator.client/Calculator.h
./sample.calculator.client/runclient.bat
./sample.calculator.client/runclient.sh
./sample.calculator.client/calculator_client
./sample.calculator.client/CalculatorClient.cpp
./sample.calculator.client/Makefile.am

Structure currently created by our build under deploy/:
.
./configuration
./configuration/sample.calculator.solution.composite
./bin
./bin/runclient.sh
./bin/runwsserver.sh
./bin/calculator_client
./bin/runwsclient.sh
./bin/calculator_wsclient
./packages
./packages/sample.calculator
./packages/sample.calculator/Calculator.wsdl
./packages/sample.calculator/libCalculator.so.0.0.0
./packages/sample.calculator/sample.calculator.composite
./packages/sample.calculator/CalculatorImpl.componentType
./packages/sample.calculator/libCalculator.so
./packages/sample.calculator/DivideImpl.componentType
./packages/sample.calculator/libCalculator.la
./packages/sample.calculator/libCalculator.so.0

And here's the new structure under deploy/ with the changes that I'm
proposing (basically the same structure as the source development tree):
.
./sample.calculator.solution
./sample.calculator.solution/sample.calculator.solution.composite
./README
./sample.calculator.wsclient
./sample.calculator.wsclient/runwsclient.sh
./sample.calculator.wsclient/calculator_wsclient
./sample.calculator
./sample.calculator/Calculator.wsdl
./sample.calculator/libCalculator.so.0.0.0
./sample.calculator/sample.calculator.composite
./sample.calculator/CalculatorImpl.componentType
./sample.calculator/libCalculator.so
./sample.calculator/DivideImpl.componentType
./sample.calculator/libCalculator.la
./sample.calculator/libCalculator.so.0
./sample.calculator/runwsserver.sh
./sample.calculator.client
./sample.calculator.client/runclient.sh
./sample.calculator.client/calculator_client

In addition to the build changes, to support this new structure we have
to make a small change to our ModelLoader to look for artifacts directly
under $Tuscany_scacpp_system_root instead of just the packages/ and
configuration/ sub-folders. If there's no objection I'd like to start
making these changes some time tomorrow.