So a major dis-connect here is that the currently checked in spring
samples (which Andy was working off) were never migrated to use the
tuscany WAR plugin -- it still uses the standard maven war packaging
and manually includes a bunch of jars etc.

I've taken Andy's patch and started doing the migration to the tuscany
war plugin, including moving/keeping the extension directory in
WEB-INF.  Seem right?

On 10/3/06, Andy Piper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Jeremy

At 14:35 03/10/2006, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>There seem to be a few changes mixed in here.

All necessary to fix things :)

>The extension directory moves from /WEB-INF to /META-INF and that
>seems like an odd place to me. Is this what the plugin is doing?

Well it used to be META-INF from the looks of things. But I don't
particularly mind _as long as its consistent_ - these paths keeps
getting changed without examples getting fixed.

>Registering the RuntimeInfo and WebappRuntimeInfo separately to work
>around an autowire issue seems hacky - I thought autowire had been
>fixed ages ago to support matching by assignablity rather than an
>exact match; if not, it should.

I agree, but this _used to work_ and now it does not. I'm afraid I
don't have the cycles to keep tracking down problems that others have
introduced, I have already spent all day just getting this far.

>What do getInstallDirectory() and getApplicationRootDirecotry() do in
>a webapp environment that may not have any directories at all?

The spring impl relies on these right now. Yes its a hack, but not my
hack, its been there a while and I need something actually working.
We can clean things up, but please lets get this working again. The
webapp stuff really needs an end-to-end test to keep it clean.

>getScdlUrl() is looking up absolute paths in the classloader _ does
>that work? I thought classloaders needed paths that do not begin with
>'/'

The docs say otherwise and it certainly works for me. Without this
you have to install webapp.scdl in the app which is tacky.

andy

by email and then delete it.