Ok I think we're getting some agreement but I'd like to be clear everyone
agrees and is happy before I make any changes. Sounds like for things like
the Groovy/JavaScript/etc helloworld and calculator type samples they would
go with the extension, I'm guessing samples that use just sca and java would
go in an sca/samples directory. Samples that use multiple extensions but
still just SCA would also go in the sca/samples directory, and there'd be a
top level samples directory for things like bigbank that use sca/sdo/das.

So:

samples/bingbank
das/samples/companyweb
sca/samples/calculator
sca/services/containers/container.javascript/src/samples/calculator

Comments?

  ...ant

On 10/5/06, Jim Marino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Oct 5, 2006, at 7:14 AM, ant elder wrote:

> On 10/5/06, Jeremy Boynes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> I think organizing the samples like this is a good idea. I'd suggest
>> going one step further and place each sample with the implementation
>> of the service that it is illustrating. That way it becomes much
>> easier to tag/release each module on its own.
>

> I'm not sure I follow "place each sample with the implementation of
> the
> service that it is illustrating" , do you mean something like:
>
> samples/helloworld/java
> samples/helloworld/javascript
> samples/calculator/java
> samples/calculator/javascript
>
> Or do you mean include them with the extension so the JavaScript
> folder
> would include samples/helloworld and samples/calculator? I didn't
> think Jim
> liked this way, from the previous thread - "In other words, each
> sample
> project should not be a sibling to the project containing extension
> code but
> should go under a samples folder in separate projects".
I was thinking samples for particular extensions would go under the
particular extension's directory. For samples that used multiple
extensions, they would go under the master samples folder. I liked
what was done with the calculator where stuff is shared between
projects (component reuse) so if that structuring won't work for re-
use I would be fine with what Ant just outlined. My preference,
though, would be to group samples with individual extensions.

Jim