On 11/10/06, Geoffrey Winn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 10/10/06, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Proxies are generated by the scagen tool. The tool is written in Java
> and uses an XSL stylesheet to generate the Proxy code. The code for the
> tool is under under sca/tools/scagen.
>
> It has always been working well for me on Redhat Linux.
>
> Can you try to run this from the sample.calculator directory:
> java -jar $TUSCANY_SCACPP/bin/scagen.jar -dir . -output .
> and see if you get any error messages or exceptions?

That worked without apparent error, but  ...

Also which JDK are you using?

1.5.0 as stated in your instructions, but ...

I bungled the PATH setting, with the result that the javac command
activates
the 1.5 compiler, but the JVM is still the 1.4 version. Once I sorted that
out the problem went away and the samples build without a problem.

Unfortunately, I still can't run scatest.sh successfully. In your
instructions it says

> To run the SCA runtime tests:
> cd $HOME/tuscany/cpp/sdo
> ./scatest.sh

However, when I do this I get

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/tuscany/Generic/sca$ ./scatest.sh
Using SCA installed at /home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/deploy
Using SDO installed at /home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sdo/deploy
Using Axis2C installed at /home/gwinn/tuscany/axis2c-bin-0.94-linux
./scatest.sh: line 52: cd:
/home/gwinn/tuscany/Generic/sca/deploy/bin/test:
No such file or directory
./scatest.sh: line 53: ./tuscany_sca_test: No such file or directory

which looks as though something hasn't been built. I also tried

scatest no longer exists so I'm not surprised it doesn't run ;-

To run the SCA calculator sample:
> cd $HOME/tuscany/cpp/sca/deploy> /samples/Calculator/deploy/bin
> ./runclient.sh

and that doesn't work because the deploy directory doesn't have a bin
sub-directory. Is there an extra step in the SCA build process to build
the
tests?

The deployment layout has changed for M2 and the doc you are following is no
longer valid. Try:
cd $HOME/tuscany/cpp/sca/deploy>
/samples/Calculator/deploy/sample.calculator.client
./runclient.sh

Cheers,

--
Pete