I think the wiki is the best place for development of this type of documentation. It is so easy to update that I hope it will "invite" others to participate. I also like Venkat's idea to snapshot content developed on the wiki to include in a milestone distribution.

Just a point on this one - wiki is a good place to do stuff, easy to update, etc, but it's important to remember that it does not lend itself naturally to the provision of docs that follow the 'usual' table-of-contents style approach we see in tech docs -- instead it is more bazaar than cathedral. So - if you have a vision of producing 'natural' PDF docs for offline use, then one needs must layer some behaviour on the wiki editing, like keeping a toc up to date etc.

 cheers
  --oh

----
+353 1 637 2639