I had a combined samples and binary distro in RC2,  but the discussion of
that candidate (
http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg09004.html)
resulted in me creating a separate distribution.

As to you parent directory suggestion,  I think it's a good stylistic
proposal.  Currently the BUILDING.txt instructions tell you how to overlay
the samples on the source distro.  Given that I'm on RC5 I'd like to propose
that we take this suggestion on board for M3 unless there's enough strength
of feeling that I should take the time to restructure this now.  What do you
think?

Regards, Kelvin.