Hi

As far as I remember there was a discussion on organization of samples and
as per that the sampleapps directory is on its way out.  We are probably
going to do that once we are done with M2.

We are going to have one uniform pattern where samples at the root will
demostrate SCA, SDO and DAS and then within SCA (or SDO or DAS) there will
be samples that concern only SCA features such as different containers,
bindings, etc.   Then each module within SCA - say containers will have
samples around just the container in question.  So a user can start from
deep down and move up to a broader perspective of SCA.  (Hope I have
interpretted the discussion rightly :))

Here's that long thread around this
http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg08911.html

- Venkat