Sorry Venkat,  I'm just looking at the other things now and will post back
findings.

On 25/10/06, Venkata Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yes... I got that. :) Just wanted to let you know that I tried this.
What's your opinion on the other things that I pointed out...  did I go
overboard ? :)

- Venkat

On 10/25/06, kelvin goodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Venkat,
>   the problems you are having with building are due to the fact that the
> machine people.apache.org is still down.  These issues should be fixed
> when
> it comes up.
> Regards, Kelvin.
>
> On 25/10/06, Venkata Krishnan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kelvin,
> >
> > Sorry could not get to this any earlier than this.... here is what I
> did
> > and found...
> >
> > 1) Extracted tuscany-sdo-api-1.0-incubator-M2-src.zip and extracted
> into a
> > SDO_API dir.
> >    - License.txt has a reference to Service Component Architecture at
> line
> > 233 - just bringing it up just in case it was a slip otherwise please
> ignore
> >    - Notice.txt mentions using software developed by osoa and that the
> > license for that is in the License.txt.  But the License.txt has
> nothing
> > specific to this (maybe I am missing something here or maybe this is
> > actually not required)
> >    - Status.txt (typo on line 36 C+ = C++)
> >    - Successfully built the source
> >
> > 2) Extracted tuscany-sdo-impl-1.0-incubator-M2-src.zip and extracted
> into
> > a SDO_API dir.
> >    - License.txt, Notice.txt, Status.txt - same observations as above.
> >    - Building.txt - I have put in comments and attactched that file
> here.
> > My comments are enclosed in "<<svkrish : .....>>"
> >
> > 3) Moved into sdo/sample and built the sdo/sample successfully.
> >
> > 4) Unable to build the distribution due to ...
> > [INFO]

> > [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> > [INFO]

> > [INFO] Error building POM (may not be this project's POM).
> >
> > Project ID: woodstox:wstx-asl
> > Reason: Error getting POM for 'woodstox:wstx-asl' from the repository:
> > Error tra
> > nsferring file
> >   woodstox:wstx-asl:pom:3.0.1
> >
> > 5) When I tried building the distribution offline I ended up with
> > [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> > [INFO]

> > [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
> >
> > GroupId: org.apache.maven.plugins
> > ArtifactId: maven-javadoc-plugin
> > Version: 2.1-20061005.000031-3
> >
> > Reason: System is offline.
> > Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
> >
> > Then, install it using the command:
> >     mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=
> org.apache.maven.plugins-DartifactId=mav
> > en-javadoc-plugin \
> >         -Dversion=2.1-20061005.000031-3 -Dpackaging=maven-plugin
> > -Dfile=/path/to
> > /file

org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:maven-plugin:2.1-20061005.0000313