Hi Raymond (and others),

I have just tried to download and build Tuscany Java M2 code base from
the trunk @ http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java

Here are the steps I followed:

> Removed all files and directories from Maven's repository
(~/.m2/repository)
> md Tuscany
> cd Tuscany
> svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java
> cd java
> mvn

After a few minutes of processing, Maven reported the following error:

   [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

   Missing:
   ----------
   1) org.apache.ws.commons.schema:XmlSchema:jar:SNAPSHOT

     Then, install it using the command:
         mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.ws.commons.schema
-DartifactId=XmlSchema \
             -Dversion=SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

     Path to dependency:
           1)
org.apache.tuscany.sca.services.idl:wsdl:jar:1.0-incubator-M2-SNAPSHOT
           2) org.apache.ws.commons.schema:XmlSchema:jar:SNAPSHOT

   ----------
   1 required artifact is missing.

After I provisioned Maven with the missing jar file (downloaded from the
following location:
http://people.apache.org/repository/ws-commons/jars/)

> mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.ws.commons.schema
-DartifactId=XmlSchema -Dversion=SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=C:\XmlSchema-SNAPSHOT.zip
> mvn

Maven reported the following compile error:

   [INFO] Compilation failure

C:\Tuscany\java\sca\services\idl\wsdl\src\main\java\org\apache\tuscany\i
dl\wsdl\XMLSchemaRegistryImpl.java:[91,56] incompatible types
   found   : org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchema
   required: org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchema[]

I hope you will find this information useful as others might try to
build Tuscany from the trunk.

In the meantime, should I try to download and compile the Tuscany source
code from the M2 branch as mentioned at
http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg09661.html ?

Thank you for your support,

Martin.