Excellent help, thanks Judah! I will try this tonight.

  ...ant

On 11/8/06, Judah Diament <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am also trying to build under VC++ Express - here's what I have so
far. I can build SCA C++, but can't get the samples to build. Please
let me know if you get the samples built and how you did it!

-Judah

   1.  Go to http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/cpp_sca_overview.html,
and follow the link to "Getting Started - SCA C++"
   2. Follow the links/instructions there under "System Requirements"
to install the binaries of Axis2C and Tuscany SDO for C++
   3. Go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/ and download a&
install Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition
   4. Go to
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0BAF2B35-C656-4969-ACE8-E4C0C0716ADB&displaylang=en
and install Microsoft (r) Windows Server(r) 2003 R2 Platform SDK Web
Install
   5. Follow the instructions at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/usingpsdk/default.aspx
- "Using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition with the Microsoft Platform
SDK"
   6. Return to
http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/cpp_sca_overview.html and proceed
to follow the instructions under "Getting Tuscany SCA for C++ working
with the source release on Windows". Until step #5.
   7. When you get to step 5, DO NOT try to build it at the command
line. Open Visual C++, go to File -> Open -> Project/Solution and open
tuscany_sca_cpp-
1.0-incubator-M2-src\projectsvc7\tuscany_sca\tuscany_sca.sln
. Use the visual studio conversion wizard to convert this project to
the newer visual studio format.
   8. build the solution in Visual Studio