Jim Marino wrote:

Yes ideally, but I guess this config info is going to be quite big - so a whole lot of properties might be required. Maybe it would still be ok and its just that I am not yet used to seeing component defintions with lots of
properties. :)

Why are there so many properties?

The RDB DAS has quite a lot of configurable items: the Command set, an optional DataSource JNDI name, whether or not to commit/rollback, optional static Type set, optional Table/Columns aliases, etc. I suppose we could look into in-lining this in the SCDL. But, it would probably be easiest to start by just referencing the DAS config file in the SCDL.

Maybe some can be automated or consolidated into a composite-wide configuration. Also, having multiple config artifacts for single components makes things difficult to track and tool.

Jim