On 08/11/06, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

OK, so I've take my option 1 approach (see previous mail) and implemented
solution in C++ SDO which allows CDATA sections and their strange markers
appear in SDO properties. In this way the API for reading and creating
CDATA
sections is the normal SDO string API. In a way this is just a preliminary
stab to allow us to play with CDATA and see whether this simple approach
is
satisfactory.

From the previous mails there was discussion of alternative approaches
where
special markers are introduced to indicate where CDATA appears hence
removing the need to maintain the CDATA markers in text. However there are
some tricky cases. Particularly where one or more CDATA sections appear
within primitive text string. As schema gives us no help in locating CDATA
sections this leaves the model at a bit of a loss in terms of representing
them. We would potentially end up adding scaffolding around primitive
string
types, or preferably create a new type, that is able to represent
accurately
the combination of text and CDATA sections.

Anyhow something more complex may be appropriate in the future but this
simple solution allows us to offer something to our PHP SDO users quickly
that I don't think causes us big problems for the future. If in the future
we have special flags we can always reproduce the CDATA markers if
required.

I created a JIRA to record progress on this issue (
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-908)

Simon

Simon,

I've looked through your patch and I think that's a sensible approach. It
will obviously be a while (at least) before the specification has anything
definitive to say on this subject and what you are doing at least gives the
SDO user sight of the CDATA text. (Unlike the current situation where it is
silently discarded.)

Have you tried building your patch on Linux?

Regards,

Geoff.