Pete Robbins wrote:
On 22/11/06, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Pete Robbins wrote:
> On 22/11/06, Yang ZHONG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Both .bat and .cmd are Windows official batch scripts file extention.
>> .bat might have a little bit more meaningful name, a little bit longer
>> history and a little bit more popularity :-)

>> Which
>> > one

>> > I am not aware of any difference. Some posts on the Web claim that
>> .bat
>> > run with command.com and .cmd with cmd.exe... but I just tested and
on
>> > Windows XP SP2 both run with cmd.exe.
>> >
>> > We're targeting Windows rather than MS-DOS so I would suggest to go
>> with
>> > .cmd but since my primary platform is Linux I thought I'd let Windows
>> > developers decide :)
>> >
>> > Let me know what you prefer and I'll take care of the SVN renames and
>> > the other necessary adjustments.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Jean-Sebastien

>> --
>>
>> Yang ZHONG
>

> We have 52 .bat files and 35 .cmd files in the cpp tree so I'd recommend
> changing to .bat if we must!
>
> Cheers,

OK, Yang and Pete prefer .bat so I'll rally the .bat camp as well. If
there is no objection I'll adjust this later probably at the end of the
day.

Pete, it looks like you're making changes to the Windows builds now, do
you want me to wait until you're done with your changes? or can we do
this in parallel? do you depend on having .bat or .cmd?

Yes the project files call out to the scripts so I will need to change them.
How about if I make the changes?

Sure, no problem go ahead if it's simpler for you.