On further investigation, this is caused by a mismatch betweeen the
sample instructions in readme.html and the artifacts built by the sample.

The instructions give the following command to run:
  java -jar target/distribution/bin/launcher.jar
target/sample-helloworldwsclient-async-1.0-incubator-M2.jar

However, the name of the jar file as currently built is
  target/sample-helloworldwsclient-async-1.0-incubator-M2-SNAPSHOT.jar

Looking into this a bit more, I noticed that some samples (like this one)
build executable jars with the suffix
  1.0-incubator-M2-SNAPSHOT
whereas others (like greeterwsclient-oneway) build jars with the suffix
  1.0-incubator-M2
and others (like calculator) have no suffix at all.

This is not a showstopper for releasing M2, but we should agree on and use
a consistent naming convention for these artifacts.

  Simon

Simon Nash wrote:

I checked out the M2 branch, cleaned out my local Maven .m2 repo,
built the runtime using -Prelease, built the samples, and ran all
the samples.  The main purpose of doing this was to ensure that
the -Prelease flag had not removed any artifacts that were needed
to successfully build and run the samples.

All was going well until I got the following error from the
helloworldwsclient-async sample:

at org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.LoaderRegistryImpl.load(LoaderRegistryImpl.java:102) at org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.CompositeComponentTypeLoader.loadFromSidefile(CompositeComponentTypeLoader.java:65) at org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.CompositeComponentTypeLoader.load(CompositeComponentTypeLoader.java:57) at org.apache.tuscany.core.implementation.composite.CompositeComponentTypeLoader.load(CompositeComponentTypeLoader.java:39) at org.apache.tuscany.core.loader.LoaderRegistryImpl.loadComponentType(LoaderRegistryImpl.java:159) at org.apache.tuscany.core.deployer.DeployerImpl.load(DeployerImpl.java:101) at org.apache.tuscany.core.deployer.DeployerImpl.deploy(DeployerImpl.java:76) at org.apache.tuscany.core.runtime.AbstractRuntime.deployApplicationScdl(AbstractRuntime.java:136) at org.apache.tuscany.runtime.standalone.host.StandaloneRuntimeImpl.initialize(StandaloneRuntimeImpl.java:87) at org.apache.tuscany.launcher.MainLauncherBooter.main(MainLauncherBooter.java:83)

Can anyone else confirm this problem?  I will continue looking at
my setup to see if I can find out more about what is going on.