Well here is what I picked up from the specs and C&I model
"The @AllowsPassByReference annotation on the implementation of a remotable
service is used to either declare that calls to the whole interface or
individual methods allow pass by reference." and "Either a whole class implementing a remotable service or the individual remotable service method implementation can be annotated using the @AllowsPassByReference annotation.
"

and then there are samples as well that show the annotations being used in
these two ways.  HenceI have stared to think this way.

Yes they are in there but I believe we changed that and may not have updated the spec. At least that was my and Mike Rowley's recollection. Let me check tomorrow. We've changed a number of things back and forth so it's quite possible I don't remember where we wound up. If it is per operation, that is potentially very error- prone so I will take it up with the spec group.

I am yet to take a look at the PolicyBuilder related stuff. Will take this to completion and then migrate to that. I am most certain it would be no problem fitting this stuff there once I have the basic things working. What
do you feel?
I don't know but I would hope there are not problems - if not let me know and I'll try to help.

Jim