Sorry guys, I think I've found the real problem. When I was debugging, the
exception was being thrown, but as I was running the app as a servlet, the
tomcat was involking the doGet() method and inside it the exception was
being thrown, however the ide couldn't trace the code inside the Tomcat. The
Tomcat was printing the exception on the html it generates. Sorry, it was my
mistake :S, I'm still learning how to deal with servlets.

I think the JIRA is no more useful, how can I close it?

Adriano Crestani