I've just managed to fix one of these issues,  where none of the
repositories listed in our pom had pom files to accompany the woodstox
distribution.  I added http://repository.codehaus.org to the local
sdo/impl/pom.xml (and incidentally updated the groupId at the same time)

This allowed my build to progress,  but now it is failing in the same way on
the jaxen artifact

Downloading:
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/emf/maven2/jaxen/jaxen/1.1-beta-10/jaxen-1.1-beta-10.pom
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: jaxen:jaxen

Reason: Error getting POM for 'jaxen:jaxen' from the repository: Error
transferring file
 jaxen:jaxen:pom:1.1-beta-10

from the specified remote repositories:
 apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
 apache.ws.m1.snapshots (http://ws.zones.apache.org/repository),
 eclipse.emf (http://download.eclipse.org/tools/emf/maven2),
 apache.incubator (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/)

So there are two points here.

One is thaat my local change in sdo/impl may need either replicating
elsewhere or raising up the project hierarchy so that it affects other
woodstox dependencies.

The other is that I need a similar fix for jaxen.  Any pointers as to why
these failures are happening now?

Regards, Kelvin.