The DASObject I'm handling using a void* and a short that defines the
object's type that the void* points:

typedef void* DASPointer;

class DASValues {

   const static short DAS_BOOL = 1;
   const static short DAS_STRING = 2;

};

class DASObject {

   private:
       DASPointer dasPointer;
       short dasValueType;

   public:
       DASObject(void);
       DASObject(DASPointer pointer, short value);
       virtual ~DASObject(void);
       void setDASObject(DASPointer pointer, short value);
       DASPointer getDASPointer(void) const;
       short getDASObject(void) const;

};

Any suggestion?