Yes, your CLA should be fine...

One of the first things that we will need on DAS to easily accommodate new
implementations would be to refactor the DAS Interfaces to it's own project
(e.g DAS API) and have the current DAS RDB having that as a dependency, and
then DAS LDAP would also use DAS API as dependency.

We would also need to enhance the API to allow instantiation of an specific
DAS impl.

As for design topics, some of the things that come to mind :

  - Command syntax
        - mapping filters to ldap searches
        - is there a standard syntax for CRUD operations in ldap ?
  - Support for change summary

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende