Rick had asked earlier  "Two concerns come to mind if we make THE website:
Is it backed up? can we get past revisions if needed ?  Currently our
website is
in svn which covers that.
The other is we have had past complaints that the site was not "fancy"
organized
etc, are we confident this wiki can handle this?"

Is Confluence backed up regularly?

Does it make sense to leave the website skeleton as is and move all
documents to confluence WIKI? For example  FAQ, design docs, release
information and downloads, etc.

It took us a while to get the website look and feel to where it is right now
and this is not the part that needs to be changed that often. We should not
move it until we have a good replacement.