Sebastien, Thanks.

- Venkat

On 2/7/07, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Venkat,

Some answers inline.

Venkata Krishnan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just took a look at the latest assembly model specs and find a
> couple of
> things that I don't understand.  Could somebody help me out with
> clarifications.
>
> i) There are two different illustrations for the schema for a property
> element...
>
>    <property name="xs:NCName" (type="xs:QName" | element="xs:QName")
>            many="xs:boolean"? required="xs:boolean"?>*
>        default-property-value?
>    </property>
>
>    <property name="xs:NCName" (type="xs:QName" | element="xs:QName")
>            many="xs:boolean"? noDefault="xs:boolean"?>*
>        default-property-value?
>    </property>
>
> i.e. one uses a 'required' attribute and another the 'noDefault'
> attribute.
> The xml schema definitions in the appendix however define only
> 'noDefault'
> and so I understand that 'required' is a typo that needs to be
> removed.  Is
> this right?

Yes, "required" is a typo and should be changed to "noDefault"

> ii) When defining a 'property value' what is the need to specify the
type
> for the property.  Isn't it something that is already specified in the
> property definition.  i.e. in the following what is the need for the
> 'type'
> or 'element' attributes
>
> <property name="xs:NCName" (type="xs:QName" | element="xs:QName")?
>            many="xs:boolean"? source="xs:string"? file="xs:anyURI"?>*
>            property-value?
> </property>
>
> Thanks
>
> - Venkat

I think that there are a few cases where you need both the type and the
value:
- Define the type of a property inside a <componentType> and at the same
time configure the default value.
- Define the type of a property inside a <composite> and at the same
time configure it, this will be the default value for the property in
instances of the composite.
- Configure a property on a <component>, and at the same time define its
type, I think this is what you'll do in top-down scenarios, where you'll
define the component "shape" as you declare and configure it, before
defining its implementation.