Martin,
 I can't really give a SOAP perspective on this but from a pure XML point
of view your EMF exception snippet

-- "Feature 'encodingStyle' not found."

indicates that the SDO metadata that can't be found is related to an SDO
Property, and thereby to either an XML element or attribute,  so I think
your problem lies with the metadata relating to an xml attribute
"encodingStyle"
rather than a type,  so your ability to access a Type of that name does not
add information to the resolution of your issue.  I can't see a definition
of an attribute "encodingStyle" in the referenced schema.  Also, the schema
for Envelope permits any attribute in any namespace other than "
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/";  but you are trying to include an
attribute of the same namespace.

<xs:complexType name="Envelope">
   <xs:sequence>
       <xs:element ref="tns:Header" minOccurs="0"/>
       <xs:element ref="tns:Body" minOccurs="1"/>
       <xs:any namespace="##other" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"
processContents="lax"/>
   </xs:sequence>
   <xs:anyAttribute namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>
</xs:complexType>

Regards, Kelvin.