On 2/9/07, Jim Marino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> away in PHP and C++ land. But I've only this week started again to
> think
> about looking back at getting the various runtimes to play together
> having
> not looked at Java SCA since M1 days.
That would be cool. We're getting the federated pieces in place and
are using JXTA which has a C++ implementation.

> Back then I got put off because of
> the revolution moving from M1 to the M2 approach made it very
> difficult, for
> the Java SCA novice like me at least, to do anything sensible. My
> timing
> must be really messed up because I'm now looking at this thread with a
> certain sense of Deja Vu. I'm interested in being able to test
> running Java
> SCA composites over the coming weeks. Not absolutely convinced I
> need a
> system supporting all the 1.0 features this minute but clearly it
> would be
> good not to be prevented from moving in that direction.
You probably have several options we'd be happy to help get you spun
up with:

- If you want a (relatively) stable, tested release, I would try M2.
The downside is it is based of the .95 SCA spec. For starting our and
developing apps, I would use this.

- If you want a slightly more updated version for creating runtime
extensions, the pre-spec snapshot should be relatively stable. The
changes from the M2 release are constrained so if you were more
interested in developing an extension on a stable release, I would go
with it.

- If you want to develop against the 1.0 spec, we're pretty close in
trunk to getting support for a good chunk of the 1.0 client APIs.
Meeraj has also made a lot of progress on defining the discovery and
federation messages. Perhaps we could work together on those so the
Java and C++ runtime can federate as a starting point?

I'm happy to help so drop a line on the list.

Jim