I just want to make sure you have done the following steps :

1.Rename or delete your maven repository :
  - e.g C:\Documents and Settings\lresende\.m2\repository

2.Add mirrors to your maven (this is usefull if you are having problems
downloading artifacts from a specific repository)

  - use the following as a sample
     -
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/etc/settings.xml
  - copy the mirros element to a settings.xml file on your maven repository
directory
      - e.g C:\Documents and Settings\lresende\.m2\repository\settings.xml

3.If you are cleaning up java files, meaning code, then try a clean chackout
  - svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/

After that, do you still see issues ? I started from a clean maven repo and
things are working fine for me.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende