Hi Simon,

Essentually, as I see it, there are two main activities:

  - Increase the types of data. The sample is just a trivial complex
  type, we should also test more complex data strucutres using either (or
  both) the SDO schemas (in the CTS & SDO Impl) and the interop tests (which I
  think you were one of the main authors of).
  - Add tests for interop between databindings

In doing so I think we now need to test different styles of ws bindings.
Since we need to generate the wrappers for doc/lit wrapped style ws binding,
it means that we should also test rpc and straight doc/lit style as they
could effect the way databinding transformations behave.

I should be adding a patch for the first interop today (or tomorrow), so if
you wanted add different ws binding styles to the current example that would
be a good place to start.

Thanks for you offer of help,
Dan

On 08/03/07, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 3/7/07, Dan Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Seems like Raymond generates the SDO representation of the wsdl as well
as
> the data in the the XSDs. This seems to be due to the use of wrapped
style
> of ws binding (or is it always necessary ?). Interesting thought that
this
> is required, personally I'd not have guessed it would be needed as I'd
> assumed the wsdl is the domain of (transport) bindings rather than
> databindings.
>
> Would like to make a couple of minor tweaks to what Raymond did
(generate
> the SDO objects in a non-default package) so we can do sdo<->jaxb
between
> client and service
>
> Thanks for helping chaps,
> Dan
>
> On 07/03/07, Simon Laws <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On 3/7/07, ant elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > If you try with the very latest SVN code both the JAXB and SDO WS
> tests
> > > should work now as Raymond made so fixes over night (works for me
> now).
> > >
> > > I don't think the tests using the default binding will work right
now
> as
> > > there's no default binding implemented yet.
> > >
> > >    ...ant

> code
> > > and
> (
> > from
By
> > way
> > > of
> > > get
> > > particularly

> > Hi Ant
> >
> > Yes, thanks, I just discovered that. I went back and did a mvn clean
and
> > rebuild and now I see both the sdo and jaxb ws tests working now.
> >
> > Simon

Dan

By way of education am just digging into what gets generated and used in
your sample so I will be back here with questions shortly:-)

From your comments you have tests in mind. Clearly there are various
combinations of message, databinding and binding that we could test. We
did
some work a while back on interop schema that we could use and there is
all
the work in CTS. Can you give me a quick run down on what you plan. I can
help write tests.

Regards