+1.

"transformers" could go under "interop" because it's there to test transformations across databindings at the transformer level.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Simon Laws" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "tuscany-dev" <tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 4:06 AM
Subject: Databinding itest reorg proposal

I think we need to reorg the itest directory for databinding a bit and I
need some help to get the maven bit correct as I'm a bit of a maven novice.
I'm looking at the integration branch at the moment as that is where the
tests are checked in but I don't see why these tests can't go in the trunk
also.

Currently we have:

itest
  databinding
      sdo
      jaxb
transformers (not sure what this is but assume it tests the data type
transformer logic)

From previous threads on this subject, [1] and [2], we talked about changing
to something like

itest
  databinding
      generator
      common
      sdo
      jaxb
      interop
transformers (not sure what this is but assume it tests the data type
transformer logic)

Where common holds xsd, wsdl and files generated from them that are common
between the tests, interop holds tests that look at cross databinding
testing and generator holds a test generator. This chane means moving most
of the WSDL and XML files from where they are now out into common and also
replacing test source files with generated versions.

Interop would depend on sdo and jaxb which in turn depend on common. Can we
do this in maven simply by adding suitable dependency lines in the module
poms. In particular I will need to copy some schema and wsdl files from one
module to another. I notice that various build helper plugins are used in
various poms. Is there a recommended one for  copying resources in from
dependencies.

I have created a test generator to build the test source and configuration
automatically. As we have quite a number of datatypes to tests (potentially
in the 100s) I made some velocity templates to create the 8 files required
by the test. Initially I intended to throw the generator away having run it
but now feel that it might be useful as we extend the tests. So I want to
run it more than once but not every time the test is compiled/run. Is this a
candidate for a maven profile? Or is there another mechanism for runinning
the generator occasionally?

Regards

Simon

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org/msg13947.html