[snip]
Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:

You'll need to handle both interfaces and implementation classes, which both can have @Requires. I would expect @Requires on a Java implementation class and its interfaces to translate to Intent metadata in the ComponentType model describing the implementation.

A Java interface can also be specified in a service or reference for a particular component (independent of the implementation class and the interfaces it implements). You may have to handle that too and translate @Requires to Intent metadata in the Component model describing the particular component (somehow refining the Intents specified on the implementation). This is something to investigate as I couldn't find a clear description of the behavior in this case in the SCA Java C&I spec.

Let us know if you run into any issues or questions.

Could anyone working on this particular aspect of the policy and Java C&I spec help shed some light on the use case I outlined above? What happens if I do the following:

<component name="CustomerInfoComponent">
 <service name="CustomerInfoService">
   <interface.java interface="CustomerInfo"/>
 </service>
 <implementation.java class="CustomerInfoImpl"/>
</component>

@Requires(CONFIDENTIALITY.MESSAGE)
interface CustomerInfo {
 ... retrieveCustomer(...);
}

class CustomerInfoImpl implements CustomerInfo {
 ... retrieveCustomer(...);
}

Does this make the confidentiality/message policy intent effective for service CustomerInfoService or not?

Thanks