On Mar 16, 2007, at 9:46 AM, Raymond Feng wrote:

Hi,

Contribution is the model object that hosts the metadata and introspected result for the contribution. Logically, you can use the URI of the contribution to look up the ContributionService to get the Contribution. I found it simpler for ArtifactResolver extensions to receive Contribution directly.

Doesn't this just move the responsibility for lookup to the caller of this SPI? And given the caller should not know about the implementation, it has to be passed every time even if the resolver does not need that information?

Actually, why is this a parameter at all? What makes Contribution different from any other attribute passed in the Map?

Finally, why is DeploymentContext passed - can't I use this outside the load phase?

--
Jeremy