I agree putting it the trunk makes sense for all the reasons already
mentioned.

The trunk is where main development should take place unless there are a
good reasons not to. Code going into trunk does not have to be finished and
perfect but should be worked on in the trunk to incrementally improve. No
one is going to intentionally set out to make things unstable but during
active development there are going to be times when not everything works
perfectly - just look at the state of the trunk right now. When requirements
come up that need more guaranteed stability then they can use a branch so
active development can continue in the trunk. This is what we've done in the
past, eg. for all the releases and with the integration branch.

The proposal is to add a new module for this code in java/sca/assembly so
its not going to make anything unstable, and that allows other modules to
easily start using it as the need arises. I can't see any reasons for this
not to go in trunk.

  ...ant